1. What is your name and the name of your company?
Lina Cruz, Fila 13 Productions
2. What is the exact location of where you are based?
Montreal, Québec, Canada Latitude: 45.515500000000003 Longitude: -73.606300000000005
3. Tell us in 25 characters who you are.
I am a female, a friend says my work has a masculine side to it. I like that.
4. Who has been the greatest influence in your life and why?
My mother, because she’s crazy!
5. What was the last book or film you read/saw?
Last book:Short stories by Gogol, including The Nose, very funny.
6. Tell us a little about the work you are performing at d:mic/fac.
We will be presenting a 25 minutes excerpt of Soupe du jour, the most recent group piece I’ve created for the company. It is performed by five dancers and one musician. Although the dance component of Soupe du jour is quite present, the piece was also was created on the basis of free association of elements, this gives the piece multiple suggestive imagery. It is always a treat for me to hear how it is received.
7. Is Toronto a good place to perform in?
Great place, very organized yet vibrant.
8. What do you do without fail following a show or before a show, to prepare?
Before a show: eat chocolate. After a show: have a beer. All pretty healthy, right? Not uncommon.
9. What is your favourite thing about Toronto?
I love Montreal and I love New York City, in Toronto I find a bit of both, it makes it unique.
See Lina’s work Soupe du jour in as a part of the Kudelka Series, August 12th at 7 p.m., August 13th at 9 p.m. and August 14th at 4 p.m. at the Betty Oliphant Theatre. For tickets call 416.504.7429. or visit www.artsboxoffice.ca For more information about the festival click here!