dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) is recruiting volunteers for its biennial contemporary dance festival. The festival includes a curated Mainstage Series, lottery-drawn Series, WYSIWYG, and an Arts Encounters program of additional interdisciplinary programming such as dance films.
Volunteers are a vital part of making d:mic/fac a success. Volunteers will have the opportunity to be the face of the festival, welcoming our audiences to all events, engaging with members of the dance community, assisting with the set up of displays and Arts Encounters materials and most importantly, making the festival happen.
We strive for a welcoming atmosphere for our volunteers to work and contribute. d:mic/fac simply would not be a successful festival without the support and dedication of its volunteers. Each volunteering shift is 3-5 hours. We’re looking for volunteers that are punctual, friendly, comfortable standing for long periods of time*, have a passion for dance and the performing arts, and confident assisting patrons.
*We are happy to work with any volunteers to accommodate physical access needs.
In return for your hard work and dedication, d:mic/fac offers:
- The opportunity to contribute skills and abilities whilst gaining knowledge and experience through participation in an exceptional contemporary dance festival.
- The chance to work alongside dancers, choreographers and industry professionals.
- The opportunity to share your love for dance.
- Access to all d:mic/fac performances and events.
- The appreciation and thanks of the d:mic/fac team.
- Volunteer hours for students.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Banner photo by Irvin Chow.