dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) is looking for volunteers for its biennial contemporary dance festival. The festival includes a curated Mainstage Series, WYSIWYG (a lottery-drawn series), and an Arts Encounters program of additional interdisciplinary programming such as dance films.
The festival will occur August 14th – 18th, 2019 at the Betty Oliphant Theatre (404 Jarvis Street, Toronto).
Volunteers are a vital part of making dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) a success. Volunteers will have the opportunity to be the face of the festival, welcoming our audiences to all events, engaging with members of the dance community, assisting with the set up of displays and Arts Encounters materials and most importantly, making the festival happen. We strive for a welcoming atmosphere for our volunteers to work and contribute.
dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) simply would not be such a successful festival without the support and dedication of its volunteers. Volunteers must be confident assisting patrons, able to work outdoors for long periods, have a passion for dance and the performing arts.
In return for your hard work and dedication, dance: made in canada / fait au canada (d:mic/fac) offers their volunteers:
– The opportunity to contribute their skills and abilities whilst gaining knowledge and experience through participation in an exceptional contemporary dance festival.
– The chance to work alongside dancers, choreographers and industry professionals.
– The opportunity to share your love for dance.
– Access to d:mic/fac performances and events.
– The appreciation and thanks of the d:mic/fac team.
– Volunteering with d:mic/fac can be used towards High School Volunteer Hours.
If you are interested please contact Sam Hale at email@example.com.